What is Spring
- Spring is an open source Java platform and lightweight framework
- It supports various frameworks such as Hibernate,Struts,EJB etc.
- It is divided into many parts as below
- 5.Spring-Services(Transaction,Security,JMS,Quartz,Mailing Service)
- J2EE should be easier to use
- It is best to program to interfaces, rather than classes.
Spring reduces the complexity cost of using interfaces to zero.
- JavaBeans offer a great way of configuring applications.
- OO design is more important than any implementation technology, such as J2EE.
Checked exceptions are over used in Java.
- A platform shouldn't force you to catch exceptions you're unlikely to be able to recover from.
- Testability is essential, and a platform such as Spring should help make your code easier to test.
What is Spring MVC
- A model-view-controller framework for Java web application made to simplify the writing and testing of Java web applications.
- Fully integrates with the Spring dependency injection (Inversion of Control) framework.
- Open Source Developed and maintained by Interface21, recently purchased by VMWare.