- JDBC stands for Java Database Connectivity
- The JDBC API
defines interfaces and classes for writing database applications
in Java by making database connections.
- JDBC Driver is a software component which
enables java application to interact with the database.
Steps to connect Java Application to Database
- The following 5 steps are the basic steps involve in
connecting a Java application with Database using JDBC.
- Define the connection URL.
- Established the connection.
- Create the Statement object.
- Execute a query.
- Process the results.
- Close the connection.
Types of Statement in JDBC
- There are 3 types of Statements, as given below:
- Statement: It can be used for general-purpose
access to the database. It is useful when you are using static SQL
statements at runtime.
- PreparedStatement: It can be used when you plan to
use the same SQL statement many times. The PreparedStatement
interface accepts input parameters at runtime.
- CallableStatement: CallableStatement can be used
when you want to access database stored procedures.